American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Serving to connect, as a conjunction; copulative or conjunctive.
- adj. Connected by a conjunction.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Connecting by means of conjunctions or other connectives; pertaining to such connection: as, syndetic arrangement: opposed to asyndetic.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Connecting; conjunctive.
- adj. connected by a conjunction
- Greek sundetikos, from sundetos, bound together, from sundein, to bind together : sun-, syn- + dein, to bind. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“My particular area of expertise happens to be syndetic security.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘syndetic’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
List? What list?
This is the list that makes up the world.
My collection of words that are intriguing, but don't fit my other lists.
I'm working on my MLS, and hoarding words along the way.
Looking for tweets for syndetic.