from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Psychology Characterized by a high degree of emotional responsiveness to the environment.
- adj. Electricity Of or relating to two oscillating circuits having the same resonant frequency.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In harmony or synergy with one's personality and milieu.
- adj. Having the same frequency.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pert. to syntony; specif., designating, or pert. to, a system of wireless telegraphy in which the transmitting and receiving apparatus are in syntony with, and only with, one another.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as syntonous.
- In electricity, swinging together, or in resonance with each other, as the sender and the receiver in selective wireless telegraphy; pertaining to, or exhibiting, syntonism.
From Greek suntonos, high-strung, intense, attuned, from sunteinein, to draw tight : sun-, syn- + teinein, to stretch.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From German Syntonie ("syntony") + -ic. (Wiktionary)