Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the large Asiatic and East Indian flying-squirrels of the genus Pteromys, in a strict sense, as P. petaurista.
- n. A flying-phalanger or petaurist. See cut under Petaurista.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) A large flying squirrel (Pteromys petuarista). Its body becomes two feet long, with a large bushy tail nearly as long.
- n. East Indian flying squirrel
- From the native name in the East Indies. (Wiktionary)
“The species mentioned in the text may have been the sciurus petaurista of Linnaeus, the taguan, flying-cat, flying-hare, or Indian flying-squirrel of various authors.”
“Or as this one equity fixed loan rate taguan from the aslope dabchick mandrel, they were put protectively by naked anemone, the bonemeal are man senior, in a lab, he fill they are a dhow.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘taguan’.
What is this list about?
Interesting words in nature and natural science (in any language!).
What kind of words am I supposed to add?
You can add species names that you lov...
All squirrels, all the time.
(For a more specific list about the squirrels in my neighborhood, see here.)
squirrel, squirrels, pink squirrel, Squirrel Nut Zippers, ground squirrel, Sciuridae, parka squirrel, Rocket J. Squirrel, Rocky the Flying ..., moiré squirrel, suslik, mantled ground sq... and 66 more...
Looking for tweets for taguan.