from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The hindmost part.
- n. The very end; the conclusion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The rear end of anything; of a person or animal, the butt, buttocks; hindquarters, rump.
- n. The last part of a period of time, event, or situation; the concluding or final part.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the latter end; the termination.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The hind part or end of an animal, opposite the head; the tail: as, the tail-end of a worm.
- n. The tip of the tail; the tag: as, the tail-end of the fox is white.
- n. The end, finish, or termination; the fag-end; tailings: as, the tail-end of an entertainment, of a procession, or of a storm.
- n. plural Inferior corn separated from grain of a superior quality. Compare tailing, 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any projection that resembles the tail of an animal
- n. the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
- n. the time of the last part of something
tail + end (Wiktionary)