from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fin at the posterior part of the body of a fish, crustacean, whale, or other aquatic animal.
- n. An ornamental projection shaped like a fin on the rear fender of an automobile. Also called fin1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of tailfin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the tail of fishes and some other aquatic vertebrates
- n. a stabilizer that is part of the vertical tail structure of an airplane
- n. one of a pair of decorations projecting above the rear fenders of an automobile
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.