American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or belonging to the tanagers.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Tanagra in ancient Bæotia: usually applied to Greek terra-cotta figurines of which the most notable have been found in excavations on the site of Tanagra. See cut at Tanagra figurine under figurine.
- Of or pertaining to tanagers; belonging to the Tanagridæ, and especially to the Tanagrinæ: as, a tanagrine bird; tanagrine characters.
- Inhabited by tanagers: as, the tanagrine area of the Neotropical region.
- n. A member of the Tanagridæ.
- adj. zoology Of or pertaining to the tanagers.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Zoöl.) Of or pertaining to the tanagers.
- New Latin tanagra, tanager; see tanager + -ine1. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“But they carry them in the same easy graceful manner as erstwhile the discarded pottery, and without losing in the least the gracious tanagrine outline.”
Looking for tweets for tanagrine.