- n. rare A bottle of wine in the port wine trade containing 2.25 liters of fluid, three times the volume of a standard bottle.
- n. Scotland A hen with a tuft of feathers on her head.
GNU Webster's 1913
- Scot. A hen having a tuft of feathers on her head.
- Scot. A measuring pot holding one quart (according to some, three quarts); -- so called from a knob on the lid, thought to resemble a crested hen.
- Borrowed and modified from Scots tappit-hen. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘tappit hen’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for tappit hen.