from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The language into which a text written in another language is to be translated.
- n. A language that a nonnative speaker is in the process of learning.
- n. Computer Science The computer language, often a machine language, into which a document written in another computer language is to be translated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The language into which a translation is done.
- n. The machine language into which source code is to be compiled
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the language into which a text is to be translated; -- correlative of source language.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a computer language into which something written in another computer language is to be translated
- n. the language into which a text written in another language is to be translated
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.