from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pavement consisting of layers of crushed stone with a tar binder pressed to a smooth surface.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mixture of tar and small stones used in paving.
- v. To cover or surface with tarmacadam.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a paving material of tar and broken stone; mixed in a factory and shaped during paving
- n. a paved surface having compressed layers of broken rocks held together with tar
tar + macadam (Wiktionary)