from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of teasel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- See teasel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant of the genus Dipsacus and family Dipsacaceæ, chiefly D. fullonum, the fullers' teazel, together with D. sylvestris, the wild teazel, of which the former is suspected to be a cultivated variety.
- n. The head or bur of the plant, which is the part used in teazeling cloth.
- n. A. teazeling-machine or any appliance substituted for the plant.
- To dress the surface of, as cloth, by means of teazels, or by some machine or appliance substituted for them. Also tease.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several herbs of the genus Dipsacus native to the Old World having flower heads surrounded by spiny bracts
Sorry, no etymologies found.