from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Northeastern U.S. See seesaw. See Regional Note at teeter-totter.
- n. Northeastern U.S. A board with one end raised so that when an acrobat or tumbler jumps onto it, another performer standing on the opposite end is tossed into the air.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A seesaw; teetertotter.
- n. A similar board used by acrobats that sends a human into the air when another human jumps onto the opposite end.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a plaything consisting of a board balanced on a fulcrum; the board is ridden up and down by children at either end
Sorry, no etymologies found.