American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or belonging to the Teiidae, a large family of mainly tropical American lizards characterized by a long forked tongue and the absence of bony plates beneath the scales.
- n. A lizard of the family Teiidae.
- adj. biology Of or belonging to the Teiidae family of tropical American lizards.
- n. biology A lizard in the family Teiidae.
- n. tropical New World lizard with a long tail and large rectangular scales on the belly and a long tail
- From New Latin Teiidae, family name, from Teius, type genus, from Portuguese tejú, tegu; see tegu. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Cifelli RL (2002) A new teiid lizard from the Cedar Mountain Formation”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘teiid’.
Ever play "Words With Friends" with someone and they throw down some strange, unlikely group of letters that makes even the most mild and squeaky clean tongued person say "whiskey tango foxtrot"? ...
polka dotted words
wordie/wordnik is a new, unique (for the time being) dictionary (for lack of a more concise term). Part of its magic is its swift swishness (of a long basketball shot), neat nimbleness and flashy g...
Oh, that little smiling teacher tile in my Scrabble app. He teaches me so much.
A myriad of game-changing words every Scrabble addict must have in his arsenal.
Keep in mind that these are all tried-and-true feasibly playable words selected for their handiness, i.e...
in the Century Dictionary definition of 'menhaden' there is a misprint - I speculate- o 'qreen-tailed'for green-tailed. BUT there are alot of odd-tails out there..............
words I like with little or no rationalization
Looking for tweets for teiid.