from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A conference held among people in different locations by means of telecommunications equipment, such as closed-circuit television.
- intransitive v. To hold or participate in a teleconference.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A telephone conference, an arranged phone call between more than two parties.
- n. More generally, the live exchange of information among persons and machines remote from one another but linked by a telecommunications system, over telephone, video or other means.
- v. To take part in a teleconference.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a conference of people who are in different locations that is made possible by the use of such telecommunications equipment as closed-circuit television
A contraction of the English: telephone conference. Or, from the Greek tele- (distance) and conference. (Wiktionary)