American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A small carnivorous mammal (Mydaus javanensis) of Sumatra, Borneo, and Java, having a blackish coat and white forehead and characteristically emitting an offensive odor when disturbed.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The stinking badger of Java and Sumatra, Mydaus meliceps.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) An East Indian carnivore (Mydaus meliceps) allied to the badger, and noted for the very offensive odor that it emits, somewhat resembling that of a skunk. It is a native of the high mountains of Java and Sumatra, and has long, silky fur. Called also
stinking badger, and stinkard.
- From Malay teledu. (Wiktionary)
- Malay teledu. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The Malay badger (_Mydaus meliceps_) is confined to the mountains of Java (where it is called the teledu), Sumatra and Borneo.”
“Anybody else notice the subliminal bolstering of New Labour in a raft of recent BBC programmes - even Empire of the Seas had lefty innuendo I noticed. teledu”
“The Brown case was very feeble especially on the decline of manufacturing and where Marr did nail him. teledu”
“This election will be about personal integrity NOT manifesto promises. teledu”
“Thanks you, though, Fraser, my NoW quid each week is now one of the best I spend. teledu”
“Not a nitwit whose only nautical accomplishment is whistling the Eton Boating Song. teledu”
“Criticising the very existence of the EU is of course beyond the pale, as it was I imagine for the state in the former USSR. teledu”
“Am y tro, dwi'n mynd i gael gwydr o gwrw o flaen y teledu, cyn mynd i'r gwely'n gynnar.”
“Ar y funud, dwi wrthi'n trio llunio rhestr o destunau addas - sydd yn esgus perffaith i dreulio amser prin yn gwylio'r teledu.”
“Ar ol yr haf, fe fydda i'n dysgu cwrs o'r enw "Drama a Dogfen" sydd yn edrych ar ddramau teledu, rhaglenni dogfen, a ffilmiau dogfen.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘teledu’.
A myriad of game-changing words every Scrabble addict must have in his arsenal.
Keep in mind that these are all tried-and-true feasibly playable words selected for their handiness, i.e...
Interesting words you probably won't hear in your day-to-day.
Looking for tweets for teledu.