from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A yellowish mineral, tellurium dioxide (TeO2).
- n. The oxyanion TeO32- derived from tellurous acid; any salt containing this anion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A salt of tellurous acid.
- n. Oxide of tellurium. It occurs sparingly in tufts of white or yellowish crystals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In chem., a compound of tellurous acid and a base.
- n. In mineralogy, tellurium dioxid, a mineral found in small yellowish or whitish spherical masses, having a radiated structure, occurring with native tellurium.
Named in 1849 because of its chemical composition. (Wiktionary)
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.