from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An Internet communications protocol that enables a computer to function as a terminal working from a remote computer.
- n. A program that implements this protocol.
- intransitive v. To access an account over the Internet using the Telnet protocol: telnetted from her work computer to her university account.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A network protocol that enables one computer to communicate with another via the Internet; the program that acts as the client in this situation
- v. To use such a program to make such a connection
telecommunication network (Wiktionary)