from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The final stage of mitosis or meiosis during which the chromosomes of daughter cells are grouped in new nuclei.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The final stage of mitosis or meiosis during which the daughter chromosomes move towards opposite ends of the nuclear spindle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In cytology, the last stage in karyokinesis, or mitosis, just preceding the reconstitution of the nuclei in the daughter-cells that have resulted from the division of the mother-cell.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the final stage of meiosis when the chromosomes move toward opposite ends of the nuclear spindle
- n. the final stage of mitosis
Sorry, no etymologies found.