American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One of four spores produced from a tetrasporangium.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, an asexually produced spore of florideous algæ: so called from the circumstance that usually four are produced by the division of the mother-cell. See spore, cruciate, 2, bispore, Florideæ. Also called spherospore. See cut under Algæ.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) A nonsexual spore, one of a group of four regularly occurring in red seaweeds.
- n. one of the four asexual spores produced within a sporangium
- tetra- + spore (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘tetraspore’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for tetraspore.