American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Attribution of human traits to God; anthropomorphism.
- n. Christianity The doctrine of the union of human and divine natures in Jesus.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The union or combination of the divine and human natures; also, belief in such a union or combination.
- n. The deification of man, or the humanizing of divinity.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. rare A state of being God and man.
- n. The ascription of human atributes to the Deity, or to a polytheistic deity; anthropomorphism.
- n. the representation of objects (especially a god) as having human form or traits
- n. (theology) the doctrine that Jesus was a union of the human and the divine
- Ancient Greek god + man. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘theanthropism’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
All the words from the Grandiloquent Dictionary.
946 of these 2700 words do not yield any results in six different dictionaries, hence many of them might be misspellings.
Looking for tweets for theanthropism.