from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Physiology Dissipation of heat from the body, as by evaporation.
- n. Chemistry Dissociation or decomposition of compounds by heat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The dissociation or decomposition of a material as a result of being heated
- n. The dissipation of heat from the body, especially by evaporation or radiation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The resolution of a compound into parts by heat; dissociation by heat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as dissociation, 2.
- n. The dispersion of heat from the body, by radiation, conduction, evaporation, and the warming of excreta and dejecta.
Sorry, no etymologies found.