American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. See datura.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant of the genus Datura, chiefly D. Stramonium. The name refers to the large spiny capsule. See stramonium.
- n. A fruit of some species of Cratægus or thorn-tree; a haw; also, the tree itself.
- n. The annual plant Datura stramonium, having white flowers and prickly capsules.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) Jamestown weed.
- n. any of several plants of the genus Datura
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘thorn apple’.
An ode to apples. I am much indebted to 'Wild Apples' which, though probably not likely to change your life and improve your productivity at the sausage factory, will enthrall you with half an hou...
A miscellany of plant names and words related to plants
Looking for tweets for thorn apple.