from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A protease in blood that facilitates blood clotting by converting fibrinogen to fibrin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An enzyme in blood that facilitates blood clotting by converting fibrinogen to fibrin (by means of ionized calcium).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The enzyme which converts fibrinogen into fibrin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fibrin ferment which causes the coagulation of the blood; thrombase.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an enzyme that acts on fibrinogen in blood causing it to clot
Sorry, no etymologies found.