from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An opening made to fit a thumb, as in a bowling ball.
- n. Music The hole on a wind instrument that is opened or closed with the thumb.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hole designed to receive a thumb.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the hole in a woodwind that is closed and opened with the thumb
- n. a finger hole made to fit the thumb (as in a bowling ball)
thumb + hole (Wiktionary)