from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The ticking sound made by a clock.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The ticking sound of a clock
- n. A news story that recounts events in chronological order (Journalism)
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make a sound like a clock or a timer
- n. steady recurrent ticking sound as made by a clock
Imitative.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)