from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Coastal land submerged during high tide.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The area at the shore that is exposed to the effects of the tide.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Land that is overflowed by tide water; hence, land near the sea.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Such land as is affected by the tide; land which is alternately covered and left dry by the ordinary flux and reflux of the tides.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. land near the sea that is overflowed by the tide
Sorry, no etymologies found.