from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To dye (fabric) after tying parts of the fabric so that they will not absorb dye, giving the fabric a streaked or mottled look.
- n. The process of tie-dyeing.
- n. A tie-dyed fabric or garment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To tie strings around (fabric or clothing) and then dye it, in such a manner that the tied parts do not get colored.
- n. A shirt that has been tie-dyed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. dye after knotting the fabric to produce an irregular pattern
Sorry, no etymologies found.