American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A large voracious shark (Galeocerdo cuvieri) of tropical waters, having a grayish-brown color with vertical bars along the sides.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large and voracious shark, Galeocerdo maculatus or Stegostoma tigrinum, more or less marked with yellow, of the warmer parts of the Atlantic and Pacific; the zebra-shark.
- n. A large shark, Galeocerdo cuvier, common in the mid-Pacific, that hunts alone and has dark stripes across its back.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) a voracious shark (Galeocerdo tigrinus syn. Galeocerdo maculatus) more or less barred or spotted with yellow. It is found in both the Atlantic and Indian Ocean. Called also
- n. large dangerous warm-water shark with striped or spotted body
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘tiger shark’.
about 330 species of sharks
about 450 species of rays and
Animals that are described or defined by other animals
Looking for tweets for tiger shark.