from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Thin, translucent paper used for packing, wrapping, or protecting delicate articles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Thin, translucent paper used for wrapping or for protecting delicate articles.
- n. An unspecified product made of tissue (absorbent paper), such as bathroom tissue, paper handkerchief or household towel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. thin, gauzelike paper, such as is used to protect engravings in books.
- n. very thin, gauzelike paper, used for protecting engravings in books, for wrapping up delicate articles, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See paper.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a soft thin (usually translucent) paper
Sorry, no etymologies found.