from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person who collects the toll at a toll road or toll bridge
- n. a device that counts the people going through a turnstile and paying a toll
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A functionary who collects tolls and charges.
- n. A counter or registering device to indicate the number of persons passing a turnstile.
- n. In a grain-mill, a device attached to the feed to take out the toll, or miller's compensation.
Sorry, no etymologies found.