from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of tong.
- v. The action of seizing, grabbing, holding, or manipulating a given object with tongs.
- v. The action of seizing an object with tongs for the purpose of pictorially documenting the event.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In lumbering, handling logs with skidding-tongs.
- n. The use of the oyster-tongs; the method or practice of taking oysters with tongs.
Sorry, no etymologies found.