from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Restricted mobility of the tongue resulting from abnormal shortness of the frenum.
- transitive v. To make tongue-tied.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Ankyloglossia, a congenital oral anomaly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Impeded motion of the tongue because of the shortness of the frænum, or of the adhesion of its margins to the gums.
- transitive v. To deprive of speech or the power of speech, or of distinct articulation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Impeded motion of the tongue in consequence of the shortness of the frenum linguæ.
- To deprive of the power of speech or of distinct articulation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a congenital anomaly in which the mucous membrane under the tongue is too short limiting the mobility of the tongue
- v. deprive of speech
Sorry, no etymologies found.