from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of tooth shell.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any species of Dentalium and allied genera having a tooth-shaped shell. See dentalium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small marine mollusk, Marinula pellucida, whose shell is used in Australia for necklaces. E. E. Morris, Austral English.
- n. Any member of the genus Dentalium, family Dentaliidæ, order Solenoconchæ, or class Scaphopoda.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various seashore mollusks having a tapering tubular shell open at each end and a foot pointed like a spade for burrowing
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.