Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small marine mollusk, Marinula pellucida, whose shell is used in Australia for necklaces. E. E. Morris, Austral English.
- n. Any member of the genus Dentalium, family Dentaliidæ, order Solenoconchæ, or class Scaphopoda. The shells are symmetrical, tubular, conical, and generally curved. See the technical terms. Also called
- n. Alternative form of tooth shell.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) Any species of Dentalium and allied genera having a tooth-shaped shell. See dentalium.
- n. any of various seashore mollusks having a tapering tubular shell open at each end and a foot pointed like a spade for burrowing
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘toothshell’.
canine tooth, pin-tooth, stomach-tooth, bulb of a tooth, by the skin of on..., cardinal teeth, clean as a hound'..., elephant's-tooth, toothshell, hake's-tooth, cut one's teeth, lie through one's... and 93 more...
very comprehensive list
of molluscs,who does not like
calamari? hmm yum
100,000 species just in molluscs
"Snaily, clammy, squidy" has evolved into a vehicle for linking to mollusk quotations, so I've started this list for vernacular names of mollusks.
Looking for tweets for toothshell.