from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The place names of a region or language.
- n. The study of such place names.
- n. Anatomy Nomenclature with respect to a region of the body rather than to organs or structures.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. lexicological study of place names; a branch of onomastics
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A system of toponyms; the use of toponyms.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In geography, see the extract. Compare toponomy.
- n. In anatomy, the designation of the position and direction of parts and organs, as distinguished from the names of the parts and organs themselves, which is the province of organonymy; regional or topographical nomenclature; topical terminology.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the nomenclature of regional anatomy
- n. the branch of lexicology that studies the place names of a region or a language
From topo- + -nomy. (Wiktionary)