from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A ring for fastening a hawk's leash to the jesses.
- n. A ring affixed to the collar of a dog, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Turret.
- n. A ring for fastening a hawk's leash to the jesses; also, a ring affixed to the collar of a dog, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A ring, such as those by which a hawk's lune or leash was fastened to the jesses, or that on a dog's collar through which the leash passed.
- n. The eye in which a ring turns.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.