from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Zoology A band of feathers, hair, or coloration around the neck.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of torque.
- n. Plural form of torque.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A cervical ring of hair or feathers, distinguished by its color or structure; a collar.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as torque, 1.
- n. In zoology, any collar or ring around the neck, produced by the color, texture, etc., of the pelage, plumage, or integument.
Latin torquēs, collar; see torque2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)