from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A decision in which neither choice is clearly favorable or unfavorable, or for which the outcome does not matter.
- n. Either of two outcomes that are equally likely.
- n. The toss of a coin used to decide some issue.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The throwing up of a coin to decide something, as a wager or a choice; hence, an even chance; a case in which conditions or probabilities are equal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an unpredictable phenomenon
Sorry, no etymologies found.