from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Archaic Appearing likely to succeed; promising.
- adj. Archaic Advantageous; favorable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Promising, propitious.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Same as toward, a., 2.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Ready to do or learn; apt; docile; tractable; compliant with duly.
- Forward; promising; precocious; early as regards season or state of advancement.
From toward + -ly. (Wiktionary)