from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A record of actual performance or accomplishment: a job applicant with an excellent track record.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The past performance of a person, organization, or product, viewed in its entirety and usually for the purpose of making a judgment.
- n. The fastest time on a specific racetrack it has taken any Thoroughbred to complete a set race distance on a specific surface.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the fastest time ever recorded for a specific distance at a particular racetrack
- n. the sum of recognized accomplishments
From track + record. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.