from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To wander idly from place to place.
- To wander so as to lose one's self or itself: chiefly applied to the young of poultry.
- To be in a declining state of health; become very ill; give out.
- n. A plague; a mischief; a disaster: applied both to things and to persons.
- n. The flesh of sheep that have died of disease or by accident.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.