American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Oil obtained from the blubber of a whale or other marine animal.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Oil drawn or tried out from the blubber of a whale; especially, ordinary oil from the right whale, as distinguished from sperm-oil.
- n. whale oil
GNU Webster's 1913
- Oil procured from the blubber or fat of whales, by boiling.
- n. a white to brown oil obtained from whale blubber; formerly used as an illuminant
- Middle English trane, from Middle Dutch, tear, drop, train oil; see dakru- in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Looking for tweets for train oil.