American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Philosophy Productive of effects outside the mind.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Passing outward; operating outside of itself: opposed to immanent.
- adj. philosophy, of a mental act Emanant; producing an effect outside of the mind. Compare immanent.
- adj. of a mental act; causing effects outside the mind
- c.1625; from Latin trānseunt-, transiens ("passing beyond"), present participle of trānseō ("to go over, cross"); from trans- ("across, on the far side, beyond") and eō ("to go, walk, march"); see transient. (Wiktionary)
- Latin trānsiēns, trānseunt-, present participle of trānsīre, to go over; see transient. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The pluralism with which our view began has to give place to a monism; and the 'transeunt' interaction, being unintelligible as such, is to be understood as an immanent operation. [”
“(“Primary Truths” C 519/L 268), yet there can be no transeunt (i.e., intersubstantial) causation (Discourse on Metaphysics Â§14, GP iv 439/L 312).”
“Affectus parentum in foetus transeunt, et puerorum malicia parentibus imputanda, lib.”
“Leibniz, like Spinoza, rejected the possibility of transeunt causation among substances.”
“While Spinoza agreed with Descartes that God is the cause of all things, he regarded him not as a transeunt cause, creating the universe”
“The pluralism with which our view began has to give place to a monism; and the ˜transeunt™ interaction, being unintelligible as such, is to be understood as an immanent operation.”
“He is led to this conception by, among other things, the difficulties associated with the notion of metaphysical or transeunt causality.”
“Equo igitur in aquam impulso, omnes alij equi sequuntur illum, et sic transeunt fluuium.”
“Ligantque super cordam illam quasdam de Bucaramo scissiones, sub qua scilicet corda et ligaturis inter illos ignes transeunt homines, ac bestiæ ac stationes.”
“Soldainorum, Kerkisorum, Alanorum: qui omnes transeunt per cum quum vidunt ad curiam patris sui deferre ei munera, vnde magis amplectitur eos.”
‘transeunt’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for transeunt.