from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A point mutation in which a purine is replaced by a pyrimidine, or a pyrimidine is replaced by a purine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A point mutation in which a purine is replaced with a pyrimidine, or vice versa
- n. The changing from prose into verse, or verse into prose.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of changing from prose into verse, or from verse into prose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of transversing. See transverse, v.
Probably trans- + (in)version.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)