American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of several forms of crystal with trapeziums as faces.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In crystallography, a solid belonging to the isometric system, bounded by twenty-four equal and similar trapezoidal planes; a tetragonal trisoctahedron.
- n. Any solid having trapezoidal faces, as the trigonal trapezohedron of a quartz crystal. See tetartohedrism. Also trapezihedron.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A solid bounded by twenty-four equal and similar trapeziums; a tetragonal trisoctahedron. See the Note under trisoctahedron.
- n. A tetartohedral solid of the hexagonal system, bounded by six trapezoidal planes. The faces of this form are common on quartz crystals.
- n. a polyhedron whose faces are trapeziums
- trapez(ium) + -hedron. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“A trapezohedron is a solid whose faces are kite-shaped quadrilaterals, like a 10-sided die.”
“Well, turns out that a trapezohedron has nothing to do with trapezoids at all.”
“But math-crazy Lovecraft would have known that a trapezohedron is an "antiprism.”
“What I and apparently LaVey thought was a trapezohedron -- a polyhedron with trapezoids for sides -- is actually a frustum.”
“So the Hancock Building, which so delightfully crouches on LaVey's birthplace, is not, despite what I've said in person and print for the better part of 20 years now, the world's largest trapezohedron.”
“It is found massive and in trapezohedron crystals weighing from six to eighteen pounds each, and through many intervening forms down to the small fractured masses in Kinzigite and in sands.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘trapezohedron’.
List of minerals, elements, group names and geochemistry terms encountered in the science of mineralogy. I've chosen to avoid capital letters in most examples, though a great many mineral names hon...
List of words that contain the letter string *trap*. Some are obvious and apparent, such as trapezoid, while others are a bit less apparent, such as contrapuntist, ultraphysical, and intraperitoneal.
( _mark, personal list, patterns, randomness )
node, polytope, polygon, polyxennon, polyyotton, polyzetton, polyexon, polypeton, polyteron, polychoron, polyhedron, cubicuboctahedron and 31 more...
Looking for tweets for trapezohedron.