from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several forms of crystal with trapeziums as faces.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several forms of crystal with trapezia as faces.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A solid bounded by twenty-four equal and similar trapeziums; a tetragonal trisoctahedron. See the Note under trisoctahedron.
- n. A tetartohedral solid of the hexagonal system, bounded by six trapezoidal planes. The faces of this form are common on quartz crystals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In crystallography, a solid belonging to the isometric system, bounded by twenty-four equal and similar trapezoidal planes; a tetragonal trisoctahedron.
- n. Any solid having trapezoidal faces, as the trigonal trapezohedron of a quartz crystal. See tetartohedrism. Also trapezihedron.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a polyhedron whose faces are trapeziums
trapez(ium) + -hedron.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)