American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of a group of spirochetes of the genus Treponema, including those that cause syphilis, pinta, and yaws.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of parasitic flagellates. The best-known species is T. palhdum, the supposed pathogenic micro-organism of syphilis, formerly called Spirochæte pallida.
- n. Any of many anaerobic spirochetes, of the genus Treponema, many of which cause infectious diseases
- n. spirochete that causes disease in humans (e.g. syphilis and yaws)
- New Latin Treponēma, genus name : Greek trepein, to turn; + Greek nēma, thread. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“_The diagnosis_ of luetic lesions of the esophagus, therefore, depends upon the history, presence of luetic lesions elsewhere, the serologic reaction, therapeutic test, examination of tissue, and the demonstration of the treponema pallidum.”
“It may be in some cases possible to demonstrate the treponema pallidum in scrapings taken from the ulcer.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘treponema’.
Good for intermediate and advanced spellers and anybody who wants to use words with precision
words in the nature of double spirals
Looking for tweets for treponema.