from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tapering cylinder used in metal crafting, usually made of steel, which is used to expand or measure a ring or hole in another piece of metal up to a desired size.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A goldsmith's tool used in making rings.
- n. A steel cylinder round which metal is drawn in the process of forming tubes.
- n. A tapering mandrel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A mandrel used in forging tubes, nuts, and rings, and for other purposes.
- n. The mandrel in a machine for making lead pipe.
Sorry, no etymologies found.