from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A condition of ingrowing hairs about an orifice, especially ingrowing eyelashes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Ingrown eyelash.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A disease of the eye, in which the eyelashes, being turned in upon the eyeball, produce constant irritation by the motion of the lids.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathol.: A disease of the kidneys or bladder, in which filamentous substances resembling hairs are passed in the urine.
- n. A swelling of the breasts of women in childbed when the milk is excreted with difficulty.
- n. Inversion of the eyelashes; entropion, Dunglison. Also trichia.
Sorry, no etymologies found.