American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A condition of ingrowing hairs about an orifice, especially ingrowing eyelashes.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathol.: A disease of the kidneys or bladder, in which filamentous substances resembling hairs are passed in the urine.
- n. A swelling of the breasts of women in childbed when the milk is excreted with difficulty.
- n. Inversion of the eyelashes; entropion, Dunglison. Also trichia.
- n. medicine Ingrown eyelash.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Med.) A disease of the eye, in which the eyelashes, being turned in upon the eyeball, produce constant irritation by the motion of the lids.
“However, it is unclear whether the stages of trichiasis and pannus were identified as trachoma complications.”
“- Irritation by eyelashes (trichiasis) causes more severe ulceration and scarring of the cornea.”
“Ferdinand von Arlt of Vienna (1812-87), an eminent operator (trichiasis symblepharon) and teacher, founder of ophthalmopathology, recognized the true cause of myopia (elongation of the eye-ball) and introduced a chart of letters, later improved by”
“Jimmy Carter and his wife, Rosalynn, The Here is a brief report on progress The The result is trichiasis-or, as the Ethiopi - Carter Center, in partnership with Emory Center has made, in alliance with other ans say, "hair in the eye.”
“CARTER CENTER Above left, trichiasis results from advanced trachoma, which scars the upper eyelid, caus - ing the lid to fold inward, rubbing the lashes against the cornea with every blink and eventually leading to irreversible blindness.”
“At least one person with clinical signs of trachoma was found in nearly every household, and 1 in 3 households had a person with trichiasis or severe blinding trachoma.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘trichiasis’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
What I have to say is far more important than how long my eyelashes are.
“She lowered her lashes until they almost cuddled her cheeks and slowly...
words describing medical conditions
Looking for tweets for trichiasis.