American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A bone of the wrist in the proximal row of carpal bones.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An instrument used by ancient and medieval astronomers for measuring altitudes of heavenly bodies; the parallactic rules of Ptolemy. It consisted of three rods: one vertical, the second jointed to it at the top and carrying sights, the third jointed to the first at the bottom. The second and third were graduated.
- n. In anatomy, one of the irregular, often triangular, Wormian bones found in the lambdoid suture of the skull: more fully called os triquetrum, and generally in the plural ossa triquetra.
- n. anatomy The triquetral bone
- n. An astronomical instrument.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Anat.) One of the bones of the carpus; the cuneiform. See cuneiform (b).
- Latin, neuter of triquetrus, three-cornered; see triquetrous. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Van der Kloet plants A. neapolitanum and A. triquetrum in such spots.”
“A. triquetrum can be invasive, she warns, but adds, "It is so lovely that I don't care.”
“On a whim I thought I would try doing some ‘boy’ push ups (you know, no knees) I did 5×5 on 3 consecutive days and that was that – ligament damage, an avulsion fracture on the dorsal side of the triquetrum, and hematoma …. obviously exercise is bad for you, I have learnt my lesson! xx Anna”
“Herbaceous species, such as Arisarum vulgare, Vinca difformis, Allium triquetrum, and Ballota hispanica, frequently appear within the dense and shady tree layer.”
“Herbaceous species include Arisarum vulgare, Vinca difformis, Allium triquetrum, and Ballota hispanica and frequently appear within the dense and shady tree layer.”
“It has also been observed in _Trichostomum rigidulum_ and _Hypnum triquetrum_.”
“(Dendrolobium triangulare, Desmodium gangeticum, Desmodium heterocarpon, and Tadehagi triquetrum)”
“The Chinese triquetrum has a circle in the centre and five or eight commas.] [169: See on this my paper "The Origin of Early Siberian Civilization," now being published in the _Memoirs and Proceedings of the Manchester”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘triquetrum’.
being words related to astronomy, stellar cartography, and the music of the spheres, including names of planets, stars and constellations
Human bits 'n' pieces.
Looking for tweets for triquetrum.