from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having tufts.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of tuft.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Adorned with a tuft.
- adj. Growing in tufts or clusters; tufty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a tuft or tufts; especially, crested: as, the tufted duck.
- Formed into a tuft or cluster; growing in tufts; tufty: as, tufted moss; tufted structure in mineralogy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of a bird or animal) having a usually ornamental tuft or process on the head; often used in combination
- adj. (of plants) growing in small dense clumps or tufts
- adj. having or adorned with tufts
Sorry, no etymologies found.