from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The wood of the tulip tree.
- n. The irregularly striped, ornamental wood of any of several related or similar trees.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The striped, variegated wood of the tulip tree.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The beautiful rose-colored striped wood of a Brazilian tree (Physocalymna floribunda), much used by cabinetmakers for inlaying.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The wood of the tulip-tree.
- n. One of several other woods, so called from their color and markings.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. light easily worked wood of a tulip tree; used for furniture and veneer
- n. the variegated or showily striped ornamental wood of various tulipwood trees
tulip + wood (Wiktionary)