American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A New World vulture (Cathartes aura) having dark plumage and a bare red head and neck similar to that of the turkey. Also called turkey buzzard.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The turkey-buzzard: more fully called red-headed turkey-vulture.
- n. A common North American vulture, Cathartes aura.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) the turkey buzzard.
- n. a New World vulture that is common in South America and Central America and the southern United States
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘turkey vulture’.
Creatures that are described in terms of other animals. Usual rules apply: look at the entries and you'll get the hang of it :-) I could say 'no madeupicals' but, jeeperz, I'd have to put myself on...
how turkey is used
Big-tent list of all things turkey, from the name of the country to colloquial phrases containing the term turkey. Anything turkey-related is welcome.
Looking for tweets for turkey vulture.